Details of a service for business users whereby they can register and pay for vehicles using Clean Air Zones has been announced by the Joint Air Quality Unit. The new business account service will be available from 11th January 2021.
The new service allows a company account to be created, the business creating the account will need to operate at least two vehicles and will be able to set up portal access for 10 other users. The account will allow the upload and checking the compliance of registered vehicles, and the payment of the relevant charges if a non-compliant vehicle enters the CAZ. When the Clean Air Zone becomes live vehicles that have entered a zone will be input and the relevant charge paid.
The Class C CAZ for Bath and North East Somerset will begin operating on 15th March 2021, with the Class D CAZ for Birmingham starting on 1st July 2021.
Setting up an account will enable:
• Upload VRNs via a spreadsheet (CSV) or individually (the online portal will determine if the vehicles meet emissions standards in a zone using the number plates you upload)
• View detailed maps of the Clean Air Zones
• Receive alerts when they go-live
• Find out about exemptions
• Set up payment method from a bank account (this function will be available shortly)
Information as to a daily charge for driving a vehicle in a clean air zone can be accessed here: